Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Boar Tuff Outdoors Bench time

Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Gun Talk
   Reloading and Gunsmithing
(Moderators: wyote, SDHandgunner)
   Bench time
 Start new topic  -»  Took the plunge  Next topic: Took the plunge
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bench time  (Read 279 times)
BnW

View Profile

Bench time
« on: Mar 12th, 2018, 11:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Finally made it out to the range this weekend and sent some rounds downrange with the Rem 700 .308

I had already tried out some Sierra 165 gr HPBT on a previous shoot, but also picked up a box of Sierra 165 gr Spire point BT's. Started off with 40 gr of RL-15 and checked bullet seating depth. She liked the Spire points set about .030" off the lands and held a .470" 3 shot group with that at 120 yards. Very impressed with this gun and I really like the RL-15 powder.

I loaded up some more rounds for testing, adjusting powder, but I think that 40.0-40.5 range will work well as that is what the hollow points liked at the same weight.

I've been doing some trading here lately and I ended up getting rid of my MGM 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and picked up another Ruger M77 in 6.5, but have some chamber issues with it that need to get fixed. I also got my old Ruger 30-06 and Rem .270 back in the past few weeks. Got some loads worked up for both of them as well but haven't had them at the range yet.
IP Logged

Boartuff
Administrator

Mid-MO...wishin I was in the mtn's

View Profile WWW

Re: Bench time
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13th, 2018, 8:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm craving range time. Gonna take a bit to get back in the swing of things.
IP Logged

Hunt with handguns. You'll become addicted.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Start new topic  -»  Took the plunge  Next topic: Took the plunge

Boar Tuff Outdoors » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Vote for Us at The Outdoor Lodge's Top Hunting Sites