Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Oct 17th, 2018, 11:55pm
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Boar Tuff Outdoors « Exposed hammers no longer popular. »

Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Gun Talk
   Muzzleloaders
(Moderator: Boartuff)
   Exposed hammers no longer popular.
Previous topic: Flint wrap  Flint wrap  «-  Start new topic  -»  Premier issue of Ame...  Next topic: Premier issue of Ame...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Exposed hammers no longer popular.  (Read 742 times)
Dirts
A Real Mountain Man

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

Exposed hammers no longer popular.
« on: Aug 29th, 2015, 2:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I asked in two gun shops how much I could get for a never fired Traditions .32 caliber squirrel gun or Davy Crockett I believe its called.  They just shook their head and said that they can't get rid of them.  They said everybody wants the inlines.  I think I'll put an ad in the local paper.  
Anyone have a recent gun bluebook and would be so kind as to give me a quote.  Im also selling my New England blackpowder rifle in blue.  That was only shot once but I decorated it with tacks.  A look I admire.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2015, 2:41am by Dirts » IP Logged
gemihur
Dish Washer...Pass The Towel

BTO is a freakin'great forum!

View Profile Email

Re: Exposed hammers no longer popular.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13th, 2016, 4:31pm »

You've got a nice one there.
But top dollar at resale dictates original condition, the tacks may add a nostalgic motif that suit your tastes but they lower the resale value tremendously.
I know they don't affect the functionality of the rifle but cosmetically it relegates it's appeal to a small niche market.
I myself have garishly dressed guns in the past and hold them as sentiments of my youth. Upon resale of them, considerations would have to be made.
I like Traditions products, I've got a Pursuit in .50, and a Buckhunter pistol in .54... some of my favorite BP guns.
Try entertaining trade offers and see what comes your way.
IP Logged
Boartuff
Administrator

Mid-MO...wishin I was in the mtn's

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14th, 2016, 8:20am »

It definitely is a smaller niche these days. Check with dhaverstick here on BTO. Darren sure does appreciate the more traditional  black powder rifles.
IP Logged

Hunt with handguns. You'll become addicted.
BnW

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 14th, 2016, 5:06pm »

Hey Dirts, I might be interested in that gun!!! Don't sell it yet.
IP Logged

BnW

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14th, 2016, 5:07pm »

Sent you a PM with my email, if you could send me a few pics I would really like to see it.
IP Logged

BnW

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 17th, 2016, 11:12am »

.........Okay then....
IP Logged

Dirts
A Real Mountain Man

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Mar 2nd, 2017, 5:01am »

I apologize for getting your hopes up but I will keep it.  Ive got a Dixie ,32 Tennessee rifle with both locks that are interchangeable.  I took it to several blanket shoots and it was deadly accurate.  I just watched a video where they showed the reproduction rifle from the Mountain Man movie.  It has tacks put in it.  My guns are not high priced specially made custom guns so I value them in my hands when they look like indian trade guns.  My kids can give them away when Im dead.  Im even thinking about personalizing my knew flintlock deer hunter like the gun from the Mountain Man Movie.
Just to share this with you so you can prevent this from happening to you.  I propped this Tennessee rifle against the kitchen counter with the butt on my hardwood floor.  I turned around to get something and it fell and the stock cracked and broke.  It made me so sick I could have puked.  So beware if you prop your guns up and avoid sickening occurrences.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2017, 5:07am by Dirts » IP Logged
Dirts
A Real Mountain Man

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Mar 6th, 2017, 2:37am »

Today I took the base plate to the synthetic stock of my Traditions Deerhunter and added some lead balls in a sandwich bag and wrapped that all up in a plastic grocery bag and stuffed it in the stock.  It feels balanced now.
I was thinking about decorating with tacks but one look dampened that idea.  Its to modern looking and to slim.  It would look ridiculous.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: Flint wrap  Flint wrap  «-  Start new topic  -»  Premier issue of Ame...  Next topic: Premier issue of Ame...

Boar Tuff Outdoors » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Vote for Us at The Outdoor Lodge's Top Hunting Sites