Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jun 18th, 2018, 3:18am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Boar Tuff Outdoors 30th Oct 2011 hunt

Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Hunting
   Wild Boar/Feral Hog/Javelina
(Moderators: SandJKENNELS, Shanedog)
   30th Oct 2011 hunt
Previous topic: Field dressing &...  Field dressing &...  «-  Start new topic  -»  Wild hogs in Utah?...  Next topic: Wild hogs in Utah?...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 30th Oct 2011 hunt  (Read 1614 times)
Shanedog
In The Eagles Nest 3000+ posts

New Zealand

View Profile

30th Oct 2011 hunt
« on: Oct 31st, 2011, 1:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

We had been having trouble working out where some pigs were coming from, and we had put in a lot of effort and k's without any luck finding their secret hiding spot, so a cunning plan was hatched to try and keep them in one spot for a bit longer.
Erron was up home visiting a couple of weeks ago, so we went and shot a couple of goats and took them to an area we knew the pigs were passing through from time to time.

Reid and I checked he goats on Saturday and they had recently been cleaned up, so we went back yesterday morning with the dogs. This time there was a decent scent leading up to the goat remains and Titan started working out down the ridge below us then vearing off to the right before quickly turning again back over the ridge to the left. We herd the scrub parting in a hurry below us and the rest of the dogs bolted in a hurry, we knew there were pigs fleeing.
300m away they caught up to a fat porker.

We got it gutted and started the carry back to the top. The dogs got onto another scent as we neared the top but this pig has a good 40mins head start and they never caught up with it.

J.C heading back up with ginger.

Reid up on the track again.
With melting fat dripping out of the pig while we were singeing it, a back leg never made the freezer and went straight into the oven, ....yeah, you can't buy meat that tastes that good Cheesy Tongue
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2011, 2:21am by Shanedog » IP Logged

I shall hunt till I can no longer walk, and then I shall crawl.
BTO Posse Member.
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

Re: 30th Oct 2011 hunt
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31st, 2011, 2:51pm »

Now that looks like a climb out! One of these days I will get to try wild piggy!!!
IP Logged
wyote
Administrator

NW Wyoming

View Profile

Re: 30th Oct 2011 hunt
« Reply #2 on: Nov 1st, 2011, 12:15pm »

Great hunt and pic'c Shane
IP Logged

For every law thats passed, a little freedom dies
BTO posse member
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: Field dressing &...  Field dressing &...  «-  Start new topic  -»  Wild hogs in Utah?...  Next topic: Wild hogs in Utah?...

Boar Tuff Outdoors » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Vote for Us at The Outdoor Lodge's Top Hunting Sites