Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Nov 21st, 2018, 7:55am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Boar Tuff Outdoors Cooling down

Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Welcome To Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Front Porch
(Moderator: Major)
   Cooling down
Previous topic: sourdough bakers?  sourdough bakers?  «-  Start new topic  -»  Vote  Next topic: Vote
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cooling down  (Read 289 times)
375win.
A Real Mountain Man

BTO is a great forum!

View Profile

Cooling down
« on: Nov 7th, 2018, 7:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Temps . Are to start drooping the rest of the week . Calling for some snow flurries this weekend  . Not ready for winter yet ,lot of work to get done before it gets cold and nasty .
IP Logged
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

Re: Cooling down
« Reply #1 on: Nov 7th, 2018, 8:27pm »

I'm with you 375, definitely not ready for the cold and snow.
IP Logged
Sagebrush
In The Eagles Nest 3000+ posts

Looking into the distance for smoke

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 8th, 2018, 7:44am »

19* the last two mornings. Made it to 42 yesterday. Snow squalls came through the last few days. The tall peaks getting all the snow. Had flakes come down at the house but nothing that sticks. It's time here those days of upper 50's and 60's was a little to much to hunt in.
Watching the news and they were showing Teton Pass and Wyoming was plowing snow big time on it. All the poor people live in Idaho and go over the pass for work in Jackson Hole. Big commuter route. I've been over it in the winter and it's a nail biter only good thing is the pile of snow on the edge of the road to keep you from going over the side.
IP Logged

You're never really lost, if you don't care where you're at
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 9th, 2018, 7:39am »

0530 8* and still going down Shocked
IP Logged

375win.
A Real Mountain Man

BTO is a great forum!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 10th, 2018, 5:41am »

Got and inch or more snow Thursday night early Friday morning , by afternoon it was gone .  Wind came in yesterday late afternoon and howled all night ,  temp. dropped to 20*and cold wind howling this morning with a dusting  of snow , slick in spots . Not sure of the wind chill factor , but its Damn cold  , from leaving my warm bed , to go to work .
IP Logged
IKE
Camp Cook...Moving Up

Oklahoma

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 10th, 2018, 7:48am »

Thankfully no snow here but it feels pretty darn chilly outside at 21.
IP Logged

Vietnam veteran.
NRA Range Safety Officer.
IHMSA # 48226.
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Nov 10th, 2018, 1:18pm »

Thursday had a 80% chance of snow, calling for a dusting to 1", we didn't even get enough for a dusting. 30% chance of snow for Friday. I wanted to get to work by 6:30 to catch up with no phones or coworkers interrupting me. We got more snow overnight, not enough to  stick to the road, and it was still snowing. The radio was saying to stay off the interstate in Omaha but I figured they were over blowing things since it wasn't bad were I was. I get up around Council Bluffs and it's worse, there were a couple pickups off the road and a couple of cars that accidents and we were down to 30-40 mph. I figured that was still better than taking surface roads. Got into Omaha and we were down to 10-20 mph. There were more accidents, luckily I made it to work safe,it only took a half hour longer then normal. Glad I was on the road early!
IP Logged
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 10th, 2018, 3:43pm »

Snowing on the peaks, but every time a cell comes over the temp feels like it drops 20 degrees. Just about froze from a 4 hour jaunt in the UTV. At least the feet feel like it.
House was cool when we got back so taking a little longer to feel warm. Besides the dog is hogging all the heat at the moment. Smiley Roll Eyes
Found some coyote tracks (no coyotes) even stopped to call a spot. Only that happened was a bull elk bugled back then a cow chirped at us. They were across a canyon in the opposite direction. Then the whole herd came out. Could see them across the way. Also came across a set of wolf tracks up on canyon. Wolf trapping opens in 5 days. Maybe we'll have to go set up the area.  
Need to go throw another log on the fire. snowball
IP Logged

Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 10th, 2018, 6:29pm »

After I posted this it started snowing like a banshee. temp dropped from 41 to 30 degrees in a half hour. We've had 2 big storms come through and it finally looks like it's over for the day but it's clearing and looks like it's going to get cold tonight.
IP Logged

Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11th, 2018, 7:47am »

It's cold 10* right now at 0546. Suppose to warm back up after Tuesday. Day temps back to the upper 40's.
Soooo glad this house is over insulated.
IP Logged

Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Nov 11th, 2018, 7:50pm »

They are saying the wind chill tomorrow morning when I leave for work could be 2F Shocked it's too early to be that cold! The good news is it's going to warm up the rest of the week with a chance of hitting 50 on Thursday icon_banana
IP Logged
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 12th, 2018, 8:20am »

We're 7* right now at 0600.
Yesterday wasn't to bad. Just as we were coming off the mountain the clouds started moving in and the wind picked up. Got home it was brutal outside with the wind and more snow squalls moved through on the peaks.  
Yeah it's a little to early for this deep cold. But nothing we can do but bundle up and go play. Just glad we're not still in the 60's way to hot for October and November as far as I'm concerned.
IP Logged

Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Nov 12th, 2018, 2:16pm »

Well the weatherman was wrong, the windchill was not 2f this morning, it was -3F. So glad it's not going to stay that way for days! 60 is too warm for November but the 40's & 50's forecast for the rest of the week and next week sound good here. We did have some snow flurries this morning but not enough to measure.
IP Logged
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Nov 12th, 2018, 5:28pm »

Yeah our cold is running about 10* below normal. Suppose to warm up after tomorrow.
Running to the valley in the morning. Been going to do this for a while finally decided to do it before it starts snowing for real.
It's really bad when 30* feels warm now. Tongue
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: sourdough bakers?  sourdough bakers?  «-  Start new topic  -»  Vote  Next topic: Vote

Boar Tuff Outdoors » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Vote for Us at The Outdoor Lodge's Top Hunting Sites