Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Dec 11th, 2018, 12:56am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Boar Tuff Outdoors Is anyone cool?

Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Welcome To Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Front Porch
(Moderator: Major)
   Is anyone cool?
Previous topic: Japanese bettles  Japanese bettles  «-  Start new topic  -»  Oh deer  Next topic: Oh deer
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is anyone cool?  (Read 1091 times)
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

Is anyone cool?
« on: Jul 3rd, 2018, 7:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dang it's hot and humid here. Watching the national news it looks like it's hot in most of the continental United States Shocked
Sagebrush looks like a lot of fires out west but I didn't see any in Idaho on the map ABC showed on the evening news tonight. Hope it's right and nothing is burning around you.
IP Logged
Keef
Scout, A Real Regular

BTO is a great forum!

View Profile

Re: Is anyone cool?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 3rd, 2018, 7:52pm »

It's too hot for me.  Nearly 90.  I do some things in the early morning and call it a day.  
IP Logged
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 4th, 2018, 12:35pm »

We were up in the woods this, in a bowl, with no breeze, cutting down trees to open the canopy so the silt will dry up. RR is coming over this weekend to do some work up there so we don't have the problem with silt coming down hill into our yard and across the road into the neighbors property. I was only up there for an hour or so and I was soaked with sweat. Rusty was up there longer and doing a lot more than me, I don't know how anyone can work so hard in this kind of heat and humidity.
IP Logged
Sagebrush
In The Eagles Nest 3000+ posts

Looking into the distance for smoke

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 5th, 2018, 7:06pm »

96 degrees in the high country and 100 in the Boise valley right now. Tongue
IP Logged

You're never really lost, if you don't care where you're at
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 5th, 2018, 10:09pm »

We had storms come through last night, we got an inch of Shocked temps were cooler today, it's 82 with a feels like of 87 with 72% humidity at 9 pm. The birds seem to really like it, they were sing like crazy today.
IP Logged
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 6th, 2018, 7:51am »

That is where we shine. Our RH is in the teens now. I've been in KS in August when the temps were 100* and the RH was 100%. Glad we don't deal with high RH.
IP Logged

Boartuff
Administrator

Mid-MO...wishin I was in the mtn's

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Jul 6th, 2018, 8:42am »

We could use some rain and a cool front. When it's in the upper 90s it's definitely too dang hot. This humidity.  Shocked
IP Logged

Hunt with handguns. You'll become addicted.
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 8th, 2018, 3:16pm »

Not sure but you get out in the direct sun and it feels burnin, baking hot. Winds feel like a blast furance.  
Temps going to 100 degrees again tomorrow in the valley.
IP Logged

Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jul 8th, 2018, 7:57pm »

Yesterday was a top 10 day, with a high in the mid 80's I think. It was little warmer today and temps are going to inch up all week flirting with triple didgets by the end of the week. Hope you get some rain BT.
IP Logged
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 9th, 2018, 6:57pm »

101* right now Tongue
AC unit went out at the Lookout. Headed to town in the morning to find one and get it in. Heat and bug season is coming fast.
IP Logged

Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jul 10th, 2018, 8:19pm »

on Jul 9th, 2018, 6:57pm, Sagebrush wrote:
101* right now Tongue
AC unit went out at the Lookout. Headed to town in the morning to find one and get it in. Heat and bug season is coming fast.

Shocked I hope you were able to get an AC and get it put in! Stay cool woman!
IP Logged
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jul 11th, 2018, 8:55am »

Had to order a new ac unit.
Won't be in until next Tuesday. So it's FAN time. Taking a extra one up. Going to put screen over the hole and have a broad for the night time to keep critters out. LOL
Have a hunch I'll be hanging outside on the east side (shade) in the afternoon and evenings.
Such is the life of a lookout. Wouldn't be bad but that lava rock mountain gets as hot as the valley and with 4 sides of windows it's a solar heat box inside.
Cool today and somewhat tomorrow but the heat arrives back on Friday and clear through into next week.
IP Logged

Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jul 11th, 2018, 7:18pm »

And I complain about how hot our living room gets in the evenings. It has 2 large windows on a long wall that faces southwest. I don't think the wall has much insulation. Glad you have a break with the cooler air now.
IP Logged
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jul 12th, 2018, 9:10am »

Try and find a roll out sun shade for that SW side. We have one on the west side of the lookout and it helps 100% to keep the sun off the windows as they really made of mess of this building when they built it.
The old Forest Service lookout's called L4's uses the shutters as extensions of the roof line so with the high summer sun it doesn't come in under the shutters. Here the shutters slide in on a rail system and you take them down and it doesn't have any roof over hang on the east and west sides. So morning sun starts the heating and the afternoon/evening sun finishes the cooking. LOL They also put the only 2 windows that open on the south and north sides. Most of the wind comes from the west. Undecided Hench the fans in the windows for moving air around with out a AC unit.
IP Logged

Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jul 12th, 2018, 7:31pm »

That is a good idea. It 6:25 right now and the temp is 95 with a feels like of 103, dew point is 72. Can't wait till Sunday when it's only supposed to be in the 80's for a few days. Sometimes you have to wonder what they were thinking when they built stuff. Like our place no back door, there is a good size hill about 12 foot from the back of the house. So we have 3 front doors Undecided I am always thinking of way to remodel and add on if we ever get a windfall, LOL.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: Japanese bettles  Japanese bettles  «-  Start new topic  -»  Oh deer  Next topic: Oh deer

Boar Tuff Outdoors » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Vote for Us at The Outdoor Lodge's Top Hunting Sites