Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Dec 11th, 2018, 12:56am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Boar Tuff Outdoors Washington DC

Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Welcome To Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Front Porch
(Moderator: Major)
   Washington DC
Previous topic: Trainer  Trainer  «-  Start new topic  -»  Good Sunday morning...  Next topic: Good Sunday morning...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Washington DC  (Read 409 times)
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

Washington DC
« on: Jun 9th, 2018, 2:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My youngest sister and I took our Dad to DC last week. His friend from the Air Force, they met in '63, came from Texas to meet us there. His buddy's, Bill, daughter, Mary, and son-in-law, Steve, came too. They came up in their RV. We got there Wednesday afternoon and just went to the campground where we rented a cabin. It was very nice and a lot less than a hotel in DC. Thursdays we went to the Lincoln memorial, Korea memorial and the Vietnam memorial in the morning. It got very hot and humid so after lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, can't believe our 81 & 82 year old Dad's went there, we headed to the Air and Space museum. Seems like we did something else but I don't remember, LOL. We went to Arlington on Friday. Again it was hot and humid. We got to see the changing of the guard, very moving. We ate at a Texas BBC place in Arlington, the town, that our Texas friends pronounced as very good. We were running out of time and the Dad's wanted to go to the Bible museum so my sister and I took them while the other Mary and Steve went to the American History museum. We only had and hour before the Bible museum closed so we didn't get to see much. It was very interesting. Mary and Steve were disappointed in the American History museum. That evening, back at the cabin, Mary made us gumbo, it was so look good! Saturday morning I got up at 3 to take Bill to the airport as he had to get back home for a VA appointment. I got back and got a little more sleep. After we checked out we went to Annapolis. I really wanted to see the Navy museum but it was a long walk so we didn't make it. After we dropped the rental car off and on the ride to the airport I got a text saying our flight was delayed a half hour. Cool, gave us more time to get through security and have supper. Right after we ordered I got a text saying the flight was cancelled. We were just down from our gate so I went to see what was up. There were no agents at the gate but another passenger gave me a number to call to find out what was up. My sister called and was told there was a problem with the plane. We figured no problem they would have to put us up for the night. We got our food and ate. Then we went to the gate the agents were there but said it was cancelled because of weather and they didn't have to put us up. My sister got on the net looking for 2 rooms. She found 2 that weren't going to break us and called an Uber. It was not the best hotel, it was an extended stay one. Whoever had our room cooked some nasty smelling stuff. Luckily Dad room wasn't too bad. We survived the night and made it to the airport and finally home.  I was glad I got to go with Dad and hear his and Bill's stories. It will be a trip I never forget! I do want to go back and see things we didn't have time for. Rusty had always wanted to go so I'm sure we go one of these years. Another good thing that came from it was an offer to visit and hog & deer hunt on ours friends ranch in southwest Texas. Well now you know why I've been absent from BTO Smiley
IP Logged
Sagebrush
In The Eagles Nest 3000+ posts

Looking into the distance for smoke

View Profile

Re: Washington DC
« Reply #1 on: Jun 9th, 2018, 2:38pm »

I'm glad you and your dad got to do it together.
Was wondering what hole you fell into.
IP Logged

You're never really lost, if you don't care where you're at
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 9th, 2018, 7:09pm »

Yea, I decided to enjoy the time and what we were doing instead of getting on line posting about it.
IP Logged
Sagebrush
In The Eagles Nest 3000+ posts

Looking into the distance for smoke

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 9th, 2018, 9:16pm »

Good for you.
IP Logged

You're never really lost, if you don't care where you're at
lelongcarabine
Camp Moderator

BTO is a great forum!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10th, 2018, 7:01pm »

OUTSTANDING, Trainer!
IP Logged

Dear Jesus, Our Nation Needs You! There is still a remnant, representing your Holy Name! Hold those, in leadership accountable in the same manner as you hold me. No More, No Less!
In GOD We Trust!
Keef
Scout, A Real Regular

BTO is a great forum!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 10th, 2018, 10:10pm »

I'm glad you got to spend time with your dad.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: Trainer  Trainer  «-  Start new topic  -»  Good Sunday morning...  Next topic: Good Sunday morning...

Boar Tuff Outdoors » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Vote for Us at The Outdoor Lodge's Top Hunting Sites