Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Sep 21st, 2018, 8:23pm
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Boar Tuff Outdoors Anyone looked into their ancestry?

Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Welcome To Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Front Porch
(Moderator: Major)
   Anyone looked into their ancestry?
Previous topic: Happy Birthday Sageb...  Happy Birthday Sageb...  «-  Start new topic  -»  Gonna be a crazy rid...  Next topic: Gonna be a crazy rid...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone looked into their ancestry?  (Read 433 times)
Sagebrush
In The Eagles Nest 3000+ posts

Looking into the distance for smoke

View Profile

Anyone looked into their ancestry?
« on: Apr 9th, 2018, 7:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I finally did the 23and me a while back.
Being adopted never knew.who or what I was. It's been interesting and informative.
100% NW European.
IP Logged

You're never really lost, if you don't care where you're at
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

Re: Anyone looked into their ancestry?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 9th, 2018, 1:08pm »

I would do it but I don't trust those companies not to give DNA law enforcement...not that I have broke the law or plan to...well except for speeding Undecided
It would be interesting to know though. We was always told my Dad was of Dutch descent but cousins that are working on the families genealogy said it's really Scottish, which makes more sense with the red hair that some of them have. Course I always say you never know for sure who the parents really are without DNA because women have been known to lie about who the Dad is. And i could see a husband that lost his wife in child birth or when the kids were real young remarry & the kids told the new wife is their Mom. Not so much now a days but back in the olden days.
IP Logged
Sagebrush
In The Eagles Nest 3000+ posts

Looking into the distance for smoke

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 9th, 2018, 5:36pm »

I've worked for the gov for 40 years. I know they have my finger prints 10x over.  Not worried about it. Figure in the future, Big Brother will know all and see all. They almost do now with smart phones, websites and webcams.
IP Logged

You're never really lost, if you don't care where you're at
Keef
Scout, A Real Regular

BTO is a great forum!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15th, 2018, 10:41am »

I did the Ancestry.com thing.  I believe the results were pretty accurate.  Went back to 1600s.  Haven't done the DNA thing.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: Happy Birthday Sageb...  Happy Birthday Sageb...  «-  Start new topic  -»  Gonna be a crazy rid...  Next topic: Gonna be a crazy rid...

Boar Tuff Outdoors » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Vote for Us at The Outdoor Lodge's Top Hunting Sites