Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Sep 20th, 2018, 3:21pm
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Boar Tuff Outdoors Outdoor wood furnace

Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Welcome To Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Front Porch
(Moderator: Major)
   Outdoor wood furnace
Previous topic: School shooting  School shooting  «-  Start new topic  -»  Can't get away from ...  Next topic: Can't get away from ...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Outdoor wood furnace  (Read 644 times)
BnW

View Profile

Outdoor wood furnace
« on: Feb 12th, 2018, 1:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

We have/had an indoor wood furnace in our house which we have been using up until a couple of weeks ago. Ended up with a flu fire which badly cracked our masonry flu. So I've decided to put in an outdoor wood furnace instead of fixing the flu. Does anyone on here have one? I've been looking at the HyPro Therm boilers, any input on them?
IP Logged

lelongcarabine
Camp Moderator

BTO is a great forum!

View Profile Email

Re: Outdoor wood furnace
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12th, 2018, 3:34pm »

BnW,
My Good Friend BIG is familiar with those systems. He was on BTO for a short time. I just text messaged Him. He has installed and used a number of those units. The newest installation He believes is the best one. It could be the change from pine to eastern hardwood as fuel that made the difference? IIRC, His is a boiler with a squirrel cage blower over a heat exchanger and warm air duct work inside the house.  
My Cousin uses one that is a boiler that heats water for a circulating hot water system with radiator/registers, inside the house. I'll let You know once I hear from BIG.  
Greg
IP Logged

Dear Jesus, Our Nation Needs You! There is still a remnant, representing your Holy Name! Hold those, in leadership accountable in the same manner as you hold me. No More, No Less!
In GOD We Trust!
BnW

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12th, 2018, 4:11pm »

Thanks for checking in on it for me Greg. I'm looking at the water furnace in order to get the unit away from my house in a direction that smoke from the stove won't be an issue. Been doing some pricing on that insulated Pex line and boy are they sure proud of that stuff!! I've been checking out the HyPro Therm 185 model which would be considerable overkill for my house, but figured if I ever get the opportunity to buy the home directly behind me I could heat both with it. It's a coal boiler but wood can be used, and it has an option of 1/2" fire box and bottom of the water jacket.
IP Logged

lelongcarabine
Camp Moderator

BTO is a great forum!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12th, 2018, 6:02pm »

BnW, received a reply. Heatmaster G 200 is the unit they are using now. He was thinking about trading up (With his Daughter and Son-in-Law)? Because He wants to heat His barn/shop as well.  
Here is a link.
Hope this helps?
Greg
http://www.heatmasterss.com/g-series-outdoor-wood-furnace/
IP Logged

Dear Jesus, Our Nation Needs You! There is still a remnant, representing your Holy Name! Hold those, in leadership accountable in the same manner as you hold me. No More, No Less!
In GOD We Trust!
lelongcarabine
Camp Moderator

BTO is a great forum!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13th, 2018, 5:38pm »

BnW,
Yes these are boilers. Look at the fire box on the Heatmaster. It is not carbon steel or cast iron. It is a ferritic stainless steel that is supposed to hold up better.  
Greg
IP Logged

In GOD We Trust!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: School shooting  School shooting  «-  Start new topic  -»  Can't get away from ...  Next topic: Can't get away from ...

Boar Tuff Outdoors » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Vote for Us at The Outdoor Lodge's Top Hunting Sites