Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Jul 26th, 2017, 12:38am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Boar Tuff Outdoors Good afternoon

Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Welcome To Boar Tuff Outdoors
   Front Porch
(Moderator: Major)
   Good afternoon
Previous topic: 820 Wild Boar in Ala...  820 Wild Boar in Ala...  «-  Start new topic  -»  Switching to propane...  Next topic: Switching to propane...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Good afternoon  (Read 194 times)
Sagebrush
In The Eagles Nest 3000+ posts

Looking into the distance for smoke

View Profile

Good afternoon
« on: Jul 12th, 2017, 3:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

We got yesterday off so crammed about 2-3 weeks of work into 1 day. Feeling a lot better today, mentally.
60* this morning felt great won't last mid 90's today and 100* starting tomorrow. Tongue
IP Logged

You're never really lost, if you don't care where you're at
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

Re: Good afternoon
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12th, 2017, 4:54pm »

Good afternoon to you! We have been in the high 90's but a cool front must be moving through, it's in the low 80's now  icon_banana 90's will be back for the weekend though Sad
IP Logged

BTO Posse Member
Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16th, 2017, 9:56am »

Hot humid weekend. Yesterday I had to take the Dodge in for an oil change, 8:00 at my Uncle's. I then went to Wal-Mart, I usually go on the way home from work. Well it took forever even though I only need a few things, I broke down and used the self checkout. I don't like using it just because I think we should get a discount for checking ourselves out. I then stopped at Cracker Barrel to get brunch. A quick stop at home to drop off the frozen stuff then into town to drop off stuff at my folks. They were outside and when Dad opened the gate to the yard their dog shot through  Sad Sophie shot across the street where I thought she was going to go up to the neighbor but she would just get so close to him before taking off. She then went to the next house and went to up to the fence where their dogs were going nuts. Sophie is a little cocker poodle mix and they were huge Labs, it was quite a sight. Dad finally got close enough where the e-collar they have on her worked and she came to him.  Freaking dog, if anything happened to her I don't know what my folks would do. I told them I could train her not to bolt but my Mom didn't like the way it's done. Well by this time it is after noon and I only had a muffin before I left the house at 7:30, I could feel a migraine starting.I headed home, took meds, ate and was down for the count till about 5:00. Hopefully I will get stuff done around the house today I had planned on doing yesterday. Highs in the 90's, dew point in low 70's, feels like around 100, YUCK!
IP Logged

BTO Posse Member
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16th, 2017, 11:36pm »

We had storms come in yesterday and cooled things off. Some rain and some lightning but we never got anything in our area. Today was pleasant. A lot cooler winds picked up today and blew the smog out of the valley so could see real well and of course not a thing went on. NOTHING! worked another 10 hour day and they sure are getting old.  
Have a big forest fire way to my NE out of a backcountry community called Yellow Pine could see the smoke this evening. It probably won't be good they are bringing in the IMT team tomorrow.
IP Logged

Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 17th, 2017, 10:34am »

I saw a map on the news this weekend with all the fires, look like a few in Idaho. Glad there are none in your area, course I guess small ones might be good  Undecided
IP Logged

BTO Posse Member
Sagebrush

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 17th, 2017, 10:58am »

Not in flash fuels(dead thick standing grass) the forest around here has been burnt so much it's just about fire proof. This new fire is on the Payette Forest and don't know if it's in an unburned area or an old burn. A lot of dead standing bug kill now chokes our forests in the west. Along with over crowded timber. Can't cut timber anymore so it all goes up in smoke it seems like.
IP Logged

Trainer

BTO is a great forum

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19th, 2017, 12:55pm »

Gotta love the enviromentalist Angry
IP Logged

BTO Posse Member
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic: 820 Wild Boar in Ala...  820 Wild Boar in Ala...  «-  Start new topic  -»  Switching to propane...  Next topic: Switching to propane...

Boar Tuff Outdoors » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.
Vote for Us at The Outdoor Lodge's Top Hunting Sites